Monday, July 13, 2009

Oceanside 2009

Well, after 57 loads of laundry, sifting through over 200 pictures taken, and two days of recovery since the beach the blog is officially updated. We took our annual pilgrimage to Southern California, but we went Old School this year. We went back to the same beach house in Oceanside, CA that we went to as kids, it was super cool and the kids had a BLAST!! I think the adults might have had a pretty good time too.

Patrick kicked off the week by taking they mystery out of the ocean for Austin. In my book Patrick holds super hero status for Uncles because I think had we tried it we would have seen a lot more tears.Doesn't Austin look like a changed man after a day with the "big boys"?


Every night Austin helped take down the flagAnd every morning Austin helped put the flag up. Since he was usually the first one awake we were on the job pretty early. A few morning I think we may even have beaten the Marines down the road.Morgan got her share of beach time too, I really think she is holding out until next year to get down and dirty though. By the time Adrian arrived (Tuesday) Austin was an ANIMAL in the water, it was great!


Austin was chasing squirrels in the rocks...Doesn't the squirrel look terrified?
Morgan and her Dad. She figured out real quick who the suckers of the family are!


Dad and Mowg-Z


Pappa J enjoying the view


Dinner with an ocean view. Does it get much better?



Don't worry, we didn't leave Adrian in charge of the BBQ too long. Once the coals were hot we put Pappa J in charge.


There was an intense game of beach volleyball. Most of the beach-goers on the beach below us were more than ready for us to be done with our game. One lady even told us we needed to work on our ball control.


A rare moment of Austin sharing his gold fish. I figure I had better document this because I don't know when it might happen again.






No, Austin. You are taking notes from the wrong guy!!















The beach and ocean make for great pre-nap activities




Uncle PBJ took a shot at surfing...not too bad for a rookie!


Patrick and his friend bringing it in for the night.




Do you notice that when ever there is an adult and Morgan in the same picture she is being held? Coincidence....I think not!!



Look Mom, I have five new teeeth and I love the beach!! Thanks for a great week!

No comments: