Well, the fun started with an early morning drive to San Diego. First Stop... The Famous San Diego Zoo. That place is huge, I don't think we made it through 10% of the entire zoo in 3 hours (which is an eternity in Toddler Talk)


Then, after our nap (yes, that is plural for a reason), we stopped at the Firehouse Museum in Little Italy. This is highly recommended for inexpensive entertainment for the little Fire Truck lover in your life!! We literally had to drag Austin out kicking and screaming. From there we walked down to the SD Harbor and checked out the boats. We don't have pictures, I think he was still mourning the loss of the fire trucks.


The next day we started early again and we went to the park in Little Italy and of course, what is a trip to SD with out venturing to Horton Plaza. I feel like we should have bought Austin one of those T-shirts that says, "My parents drug me to San Diego and all I got was 4,000 snapshots of me and this stupid shirt from the mall."

After all the fun in SD we didn't think we had driven enough so we loaded the family up and drove to Brawley to see Grandma and Grandpa J. They were putting on a horse show so we went by there so we could check out all of the horses and cows. I am telling you, if it weren't for the price of gas this would have been a pretty cheap trip... you gotta love easily entertained toddlers.

I don't know what is up with the tongue thing... I think he had been watching the holsteins a little too long.

With the next day being Easter we had to break Austin in to the idea of searching for eggs. He wasn't too jazzed until he realized that these were special eggs that had fresh strawberries in them. (Makes you wonder what they feed those hens in Brawley, they must be drinking that New River water...)



Here is the Fam' Easter morning, no I am not hiding the super egg in my shirt, that is Morgan bursting at the seems already:-) And that shaded character in the back is Tio PBJ incognito.

Austin found this little hill in my parents backyard and he thought it was hilarious to stand up there and shout and grunt like his Tio had taught him. Aren't they precious when they are in this little sponge phase!!
2 comments:
Awesome! I now know what event agenda to follow when we make it out to SD again...
I swear your kid travels more than I do!! I'm jealous. Will you take me (just me) to SD next time?
Post a Comment